Dear Franklin Square Orthodontics Patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health! We want to update you on our office and the steps we are taking to ensure that we do everything possible to keep our patients and our team safe and healthy.
Both of our doctors and the majority of our Team have received both doses of the COVID vaccine. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new guidance that may be issued.
We continue to try to limit the number of patients in the office at one time, and we work additional days to keep everyone on track with your treatment progress.
Regarding your upcoming appointment, please be aware of the following:
• Along with your confirmation text message you will receive a text message either the day prior to your appointment or the morning of your appointment with our COVID protocols for that day.
• Prior to your appointment please fill out the supplemental health questionnaire found under “Patient Forms” on the main page of this website.
• We are now utilizing curbside check-in via text message. When you arrive for your appointment, please stay in your car and TEXT us back letting us know you have arrived for your appointment. We will let you know when we are ready for you (or your child) to enter.
• If the door to our waiting room is locked please ring the bell and one of our team will meet you at our office door.
• We continue to try to limit visitors to the office – we ask adults to attend their appointments alone and we ask parents of older children to wait in the car. If the patient is a minor, 1 adult may accompany them into the office. At this point we’d ask this parent to then remain in the waiting room or return to their car to wait.
• Please bring your own mask and wear it to your appointment.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
• We will take your temperature when you arrive. If your temp is over 100.4 degrees F, we will need to reschedule you at a later date.
• The tooth-brushing station will be closed so please brush before your visit.
• Patients will be seated in the clinic and we will maintain social distancing.
• At the end of the appointment we will give a report to parents and/or give children a report card with information about the appointment. If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to call or ask. We want to make sure all your questions and concerns are addressed!
• Appointments will be scheduled and managed to allow for social distancing between patients. If the appointment time given is not convenient please call the office to reschedule.
• We continue to utilize virtual appointments when appropriate to review progress with Invisalign, retainer checks, and to evaluate growth and eruption on young patients.
We make these changes to help protect all our patients and staff. We thank you for your understanding as we work to keep everyone safe! We’re excited to be able to continue to create smiles for our community! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call our office and talk to one of our Doctors directly.
The Team at Franklin Square Orthodontics