July 1, 2022
Dear Franklin Square Orthodontics Patients,
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new guidance that may be issued. Both of our doctors and the majority of our Team have received both doses of the COVID vaccine.
Please read below for the most updated information regarding our check in procedures and in-office policies:
• All appointments are confirmed via text message. Depending on your appointment type and how far out it was booked you will receive a confirmation text either 1 week prior to or 2 days prior to your appointment. So we can best prepare for our scheduled day we ask you to please respond to this confirmation text as directed in the message.
• We are no longer sending our COVID protocols via text message or requiring you to text us when you arrive for your appointment. Please instead enter at your scheduled appointment time and check in via the iPad in the waiting room. If you arrive early for your appointment, we ask you to wait in your car and enter the office at your scheduled appointment time to avoid the number of people waiting in the waiting room.
• Masks are no longer required in the office but per CDC indoor public guidance they are encouraged if you or a loved one are at high risk for illness.
• Our waiting room is once again open to parents and family members, however, if more comfortable you are still welcome to wait in your car. If you have questions about your child’s appointment please do not hesitate to call or ask. We want to make sure all your questions and concerns are addressed!
• Should you or a family member test positive for COVID prior to your appointment, please call our office to discuss options.
• The tooth-brushing station remains closed so please brush before your visit.
• We continue to utilize virtual appointments when appropriate to review progress with Invisalign, retainer checks, and to evaluate growth and eruption on young patients.
We make these changes to help protect all our patients and staff. We thank you for your understanding as we work to keep everyone safe! We’re excited to be able to continue to create smiles for our community! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call our office and talk to one of our Doctors directly.
The Team at Franklin Square Orthodontics