December 1, 2021
Dear Franklin Square Orthodontics Patients,
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new guidance that may be issued. Both of our doctors and the majority of our Team have received both doses of the COVID vaccine.
Please read below for the most updated information regarding our check in procedures and in-office policies:
• All appointments are confirmed via text message. Depending on your appointment type and how far out it was booked you will receive a confirmation text either 1 week prior to or 2 days prior to your appointment. So we can best prepare for our scheduled day we ask you to please respond to this confirmation text as directed in the message.
• We are no longer sending our COVID protocols via text message or requiring you to text us when you arrive for your appointment. Please instead enter at your scheduled appointment time and check in via the iPad in the waiting room. If you arrive early for your appointment, we ask you to wait in your car and enter the office at your scheduled appointment time to avoid the number of people waiting in the waiting room.
• We continue to try to limit visitors to the office – we ask adults to attend their appointments alone and we ask families to limit the number of siblings they bring to appointments.
• We continue to limit the people in the treatment area to patients only but again welcome parents to wait in the waiting room. Parents who are more comfortable waiting in the car may continue to do so.
• We are a medical facility, and therefore, per New York State guidelines, we still require all who enter to be masked whether vaccinated or not. Please bring your own mask and wear it to your appointment.
• We will take temperatures on anyone who comes back into the treatment area. If a temperature reads over 100 degrees F we will need to reschedule to a later date.
• The tooth-brushing station remains closed so please brush before your visit.
• At the end of the appointment we will give a report to parents and/or give children a report card with information about the appointment. If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to call or ask. We want to make sure all your questions and concerns are addressed!
• We continue to utilize virtual appointments when appropriate to review progress with Invisalign, retainer checks, and to evaluate growth and eruption on young patients.
We make these changes to help protect all our patients and staff. We thank you for your understanding as we work to keep everyone safe! We’re excited to be able to continue to create smiles for our community! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call our office and talk to one of our Doctors directly.
The Team at Franklin Square Orthodontics