May 28, 2020
Dear Franklin Square Orthodontics Patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health and we want you to know we are ready and excited to get back to work and see all of our patients.
As we prepare to reopen, we want to update you on our office and the steps we are taking to ensure that we do everything possible to keep our patients and our team safe and healthy.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new guidance that may be issued.
As we return to the office, we will need to limit the number of patients that we see per day, so we will work additional days to get back on track with your treatment progress. Please wait for our office to call you to reschedule your appointments.
Regarding your upcoming appointment, you will see some changes in our office routine. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
• Curbside check-in – when you arrive for your appointment, please stay in your car and call the office. We will ask you to fill out a supplemental health questionnaire and let you know when it is time to come in.
• One of our team will meet you at our office door
• We are limiting visitors to the office – parents and guests should remain in the car. If the patient is a minor, 1 adult may accompany them into the office. Only the patient being treated will be taken to the treatment area
• Please bring your own mask and wear it to your appointment
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office
• We will take your temperature when you arrive. If your temp is over 100.4 degrees F, we will need to reschedule you at a later date
• The tooth-brushing station will be closed so please brush before your visit
• Patients will be seated in the clinic and we will maintain social distancing
• We ask for understanding while we try to address your treatment needs during your visit. We may be unable to complete everything needed at this initial visit
• At the end of the appointment we will escort the patient out to your car and give you an update on what was done
• Appointments will be scheduled and managed to allow for social distancing between patients. If the appointment time given is not convenient please call the office to reschedule
• We will utilize virtual appointments to review progress with Invisalign, retainer checks, and to evaluate growth and eruption on young patients
In addition to the above, we will be doing wellness screenings for every team member and Dr. Meharg, immediately upon arrival at work. Any team member at 100.4 F or above will go home. We will also answer the health questionnaire that our patients are required to answer, and will do so every day. If any questions disqualify the team member, they will be sent home following the same procedures we are asking our patients to follow.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. If you have any questions, please feel free to call our office, or call/text Dr. Meharg directly.
Dr. Michael Meharg, Tricia, Larmi, Kristie, Phoebe, and Dick