Invisible Braces for Adults and Teens in Syracuse, NY
Our office is a Platinum Level Invisalign Practice!
Did you know that not every Invisalign provider is the same? While every dentist or orthodontist who offers this revolutionary treatment is trained by the makers of Invisalign to become a certified provider, there are different doctor designations based on overall experience and success. Dr. Lauren Vitkus and Dr. Michael Meharg are certified Platinum Invisalign orthodontists. Dr. Meharg was the first certified Invisalign orthodontist in the Syracuse area and brings years of experience to our practice. Dr. Vitkus, who holds a degree in civil engineering, brings a wealth of knowledge and a very technical eye to our orthodontic treatment planning. In our office, orthodontics is all we do. At Franklin Square Orthodontics, “If you are a candidate for braces, you are a candidate for Invisalign”.
Invisalign – A “braceless” alternative to traditional metal braces!
At Franklin Square Orthodontics we can make your dream of having a new smile come to life. Invisalign gives patients a clear effective and incredibly comfortable way to undergo orthodontic treatment. Since Invisalign is nearly invisible, you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing.
What is Invisalign and why choose it?
Invisalign uses a series of customized, clear aligners to straighten teeth. Thousands of orthodontists in the United States and Canada use Invisalign braces to accurately and effectively treat their patients. Invisalign aligners are:
- Completely invisible – Friends, family members and co-workers may never even know you are wearing clear invisalign trays, unless of course you tell them!
- Comfortable to wear – The aligners are made from a special plastic that has smooth, rounded edges so they won’t irritate your mouth.
- Customized just for you – Your Invisalign aligners are customized to fit your mouth. Dr. Vitkus and Dr. Meharg use advanced 3-D computer imaging technology to replicate an exact impression of your mouth and teeth. They customizes each aligner so that it fits your mouth, and over time moves your teeth into the proper position.
- Removable –Unlike traditional metal braces, you can remove your aligners to eat, drink, brush your teeth, floss and for special occasions. There’s no need to change your lifestyle!
- Effective – You will begin to notice a significant difference even before your treatment is complete! Office visits and checkups are easy, quick, and painless. Most treatments are completed within one year; however this can vary from patient to patient.
How Does Invisalign Work?
When you begin your Invisalign treatment you will receive several sets of custom fit aligners. Each set of aligners is worn for one to two weeks depending on your individualized treatment plan. At home switch your aligners with the next set and continue straightening your teeth. Our doctors will oversee your care with office visits. Over time you will notice changes in the alignment of your teeth and in no time you will have a straighter, healthier smile!